You can download a copy of our Covid 7 point plan by clicking here or please see below:
For our hotel residents and day guests, we’ve considered the entire customer journey to assess how we can keep you as safe as possible, whilst still giving you the outstanding experience we’re known for.
The following procedures are for your peace of mind prior to your stay however, our reception team will be happy to talk to you if you have any further concerns or questions. Please see our 7 point plan below:
1. We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you call us to postpone your stay. These include; A high temperature, a new and persistent cough and loss of taste and smell. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/.
2. We strongly recommend that you download the government approved track and tracing app to ensure we are all alerted to any guests who may pose a risk of spreading Covid-19.
2. ARRIVAL & CHECK-IN
1. We politely request that if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 that you do not enter the hotel. These include: a high temperature and a new and persistent cough. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
2. We have put in place signage on arrival and throughout the hotel detailing the guidelines we have in place to protect you and our teams. Any guests or visitors displaying Covid-19 symptoms may be asked to leave the premises.
4. If you have any questions or need assistance during your stay, simply dial 0 from the phone in your room.
5. Hand sanitising stations will be provided at all entry and exits, customers will be required to sanitise before entering the hotel.
6. Reception areas have been reconfigured where necessary and marked out to ensure social distancing of a minimum of 2 meters can be maintained at all times.
7. All surfaces, screens, door handles and equipment will be regularly cleaned and sanitised throughout the day. We are increasing our house keeping teams to deliver peace of mind.
8. If you have any special requirements please let us know before you arrive so we can make the necessary preparations with everybody’s safety in mind.
9. Staff will no longer to be permitted to assist with luggage, however we can deliver bags to your room for you when you are not physically in the bedroom.
10. Early check in/late check out may not be possible to fully execute our cleaning policies.
3. COMMON AREAS
1. We have heightened and enhanced our cleaning procedures to include extensive cleaning of shared surfaces throughout the day
2. We have set up hand sanitising stations throughout the hotel for you to use and we politely ask you use these when entering the hotel.
3. We have equipped our customer toilets with sanitising hand wash at the basins, as well as contact-free hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
4. To avoid overcrowding and unnecessary contact we ask that guests who are staying with us - where possible - use the bathrooms in their bedrooms.
5. When walking through the hotel we will ask that you please use your discretion and consideration by keeping a social distance of a minimum of 1 meter between yourself and other guests. We have put in place guidance signage throughout the hotel to assist.
6. Face masks in hotel public areas are required at all times – however not in our bar or restaurant if eating or drinking.
4. BEDROOMS & BATHROOMS
1. Every guest bedroom and en-suite will be fully sanitised before each stay and sealed to ensure no contamination occurs prior to your arrival.
2. Fabric items such as mattresses, pillows, cushions, carpet, chairs and other furniture are sprayed with an approved sanitising solution, which is effective in killing Covid-19 but otherwise harmless to you and us.
3. All surfaces are thoroughly wiped down and cleaned prior to your arrival.
4. Linens, towels and robes are professionally washed. All consumables are replaced before each stay.
5. All non-essential items will be removed from rooms and communal areas that are not normally replaced with daily cleaning such as room phones, cushions and throws, information books, shared books/stationary/magazines, leaflets etc. to avoid cross contamination.
6. Our housekeeping teams undergo strict sanitisation prior to starting work and will wear the appropriate PPE during cleaning.
7. Daily servicing by our housekeeping team is available, rooms will need to be vacant and personal items including toiletries stowed away. Should you not require your room cleaning please advise reception or use the door card “do not disturb” on the outside of your room.
8. If there is a maintenance issue in your room please vacate the room at the appropriate time for staff to safely enter.
5. FOOD & DRINK
1. When you stay with us you can dine in your room or, where guidance and regulations permit, in the designated dining areas. Dining times are limited and we respectfully request that guests endeavour to adhere to their allocated times to ensure flow and guest safety at all times.
2. We have extended our dining spaces and are utilising all public areas to ensure all diners are a minimum of 2 meters apart.
3. We are able to offer flexible table configurations dependent upon your parties’ size. Our reception team will call prior to your arrival to discuss these options with you and answer any questions you may have.
4. If you are not staying with us you can still dine with us. All that we ask is that you book your table in advance. (subject to availability)
5. We will be offering an à la carte breakfast for you to enjoy during your stay. To manage social distancing, we will agree dining times in your pre-arrival call.
6. At present buffets are not permitted in accordance with government guidelines however we will continue to monitor this situation
7. To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will offer a full table service in the hotels bar, restaurant and sitting rooms.
8. We have created separate entry and exit points to our restaurants where possible, limiting contact and maintaining social distance between all guests and our teams.
9. We ask that guests who are staying with us use the bathrooms in their bedrooms. If you are not staying with us we request that you follow the social distancing measures we have displayed on our signage when using the public bathrooms.
10. We have equipped our bathrooms with sanitising hand wash at the basins, contact-free hand dryers and/or disposable hand towels.
11. Hand sanitising stations will be set up at the entry and exit points to use and should be used every time you enter or exit dining areas.
12. As of 14th September 2020 guidelines prohibit tables larger than groups of 6
1. There will be a designated drop point at reception to leave your key card
2. Room bills will be printed and presented on request when checking out
3. Copies of you invoice can be emailed to you on request
4. credit card terminals will be sanitised between use and where possible contactless payment is preferred
7. STAFF TRAINING, HYGIENE & PROTECTION
1. All of our hotel teams have undergone comprehensive hospitality-focused training on how to prevent the contagion of Covid-19. We will continue to monitor and improve our training as best practices evolve.
2. Any staff member who shows symptoms will be immediately sent home and will be required to self-isolate for 14 days prior to returning to work.
3. Hand sanitising stations are located at all entry and exit points back of house for the teams to use.
4. Operating procedures are clearly displayed throughout the back of house areas and extensive training given to all staff members and relevant PPE available.
5. We have a dedicated Health and Safety team keeping up to date with any changes to government guidelines, this document is subject to change to ensure your safety.
Thank you for your co-operation
*Please note: subject to the latest guidelines we will be constantly reviewing our processes and precautions. This guide will be constantly updated to give you the very latest information.
Throughout the year, we have lots of exciting packages and great value offers, whatever the reason for your visit. Please click on any of the titles to see full details
Discover what's happening in and around Tiverton